What is the Fort Wayne Engineers’ Club?
The Fort Wayne Engineers’ Club is an organization composed of a broad cross section of engineers and associates from Fort Wayne, Allen County and the surrounding area.
The Club’s objectives are:
- The advancement of the arts and sciences connected with engineering by presentation and discussion of subjects, and by the participation in matters of interest to the engineering profession.
- To advance the interest of individual members and to enhance the prestige of the professional within the community.
- To promote closer union and cooperation among the members by professional and social contact.
What does the Club do?
Regular evening meetings are scheduled each month from September through May. These meetings are usually held on the fourth Thursday of the month and involve either a plant tour or interesting presentation. In addition to the tours, the Engineers’ Club is very active in the local Northeast Indiana DiscoverE National Engineers Week activities sponsoring academic awards, helping with the planning, and contributing toward prizes awarded.
Who can join the Club?
The membership is divided into four classes, Full Member, Associate Member, Student Member and Non-Resident.
- A Full Member shall have been in active practice of engineering work or in the work of an allied profession for at least five years. They shall be qualified by training and experience to carry on work of their profession. A degree form a recognized engineering college shall be considered equivalent to three years in active practice. A professional engineer’s license from any state shall qualify an individual to the member grade without regard to his training and experience.
- An Associate Member is a person who is not necessarily an engineer, but who, by his profession or practical experience, has attained a position that works with engineers in the advancement of their knowledge and practice. A person who has graduated from a recognized engineering college, but has insufficient experience to qualify for the grade of full member may also apply for associate member. An associate, when he has filled the requirements for member, may transfer to member grade.
- A Student Member is a high school or college student interested in club participation.
- A Non-Resident Member shall have the same qualifications as full or associate member except that such member must not reside in Allen County, Indiana or any county adjacent thereto.
What is the cost?
Annual Membership is FREE! Donations are happily accepted to offset the costs of the club.